SLC500 (1747-L40C) 0002 Fault

Eric Nelson

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Just got back from a customer with an L40C (SER C, FRN 6) that immediately faults at powerup. I can download the program, switch to RUN, and it works fine. As soon as power is cycled, the fault LED flashes. When I reconnect, I get the dreaded 0002 fault (attached).

This PLC is running a simple material handling system (~70 rungs), and they have a few identical systems elsewhere in the plant. There is no expansion chassis, just the main unit. I noticed that there is no EEPROM or battery installed in this unit (factory jumper in the battery connector). The other ones have a battery (yet no EEPROM). I borrowed a good battery from one of the other working units, but I still get the same fault every time I reload the program and cycle the power.

Before I head off to eBay for a replacement, I just wanted to ask if there was something stupid I was overlooking... :confused:

🍻

-Eric

0002h.jpg