Beijer E1012 Mitsubishi 3U transfer Problem

exiled

Hi there guys. Hoping you can shed some light on this for me.
I have Beijers E1012 HMI (basically a 2 line text job with 422/232 comms

Im trying to suck out the program from the HMI (i dont have the Original prog File) Im running the latest version of
E_designer 7.52 which works fine for all my other projects.
When i try to download this to the pc it always fails.
I get a Exception 100214 .

Ive checked my documentation & i cant find anything about exceptions
Am i doing something daft or not doing something simple.
Ive used my Cab 30 & Cab5 Cab5+Null modem.

Im flummaxxed

Haven't seen that error but here are some things to look at. In the past I have got round errors by clearing the HMI before downloading. Attached shows the key sequences to get in to various modes. Next, rather than download the program straight away from the Project Menu, run the 'Test' and see if that spots anything. Then I would be looking at firmware mismatches, does the firmware on the HMI match the firmware in the program. Then I would look at upgrading the HMI firmware to the latest version. Finally I would try Beijer online support at:
http://www.beijerelectronics.com/

Edit:

Got that wrong, key sequences are for the old HMIs, the new ones use DIP switches:
0000 “Run-mode” - Boot CE, normal operation.
0010 System Restore, resets the file system and registry, reinstalls the system program
(OPsys_bxxx.CAB). Restores the operator terminal to factory settings.
Warning! Information can easily accidently be lost.
0100 Image Load mode (Sysload) allows upgrading of the complete software package
in the operator terminal.
Note: All files including the file system in the operator terminal will be
deleted when upgrading with Image Loader.
1000 User Menu mode, the user menu for the system program is shown. Allows the
user to set IP configuration, erase the project and calibrate the touch screen.
1100 Not used (Run-mode).
1110 Self-Test.
xxx1 Hard reset (forces the system to reset).

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm not aware of this exception code either. Do you get it in E-Designer (like in a dialog) or is it shown in the panel?

Best regards
Patrik

Hi,

I'm not aware of this exception code either. Do you get it in E-Designer (like in a dialog) or is it shown in the panel?

Best regards
Patrik

Hi supporter, BryanG
The exception code comes up on the E1012 display.
I've even managed to find a old screen that just lost the backlight. The results are the same, E_Designer upload gets to about 6% then chucks up this "Exception"

In a bit of a pickle really as the FX3U is Keyword protected & the company that did the panel with the hmi have gone out of business ive just learnt

Haven't seen that error but here are some things to look at. In the past I have got round errors by clearing the HMI before downloading. Attached shows the key sequences to get in to various modes. Next, rather than download the program straight away from the Project Menu, run the 'Test' and see if that spots anything. Then I would be looking at firmware mismatches, does the firmware on the HMI match the firmware in the program. Then I would look at upgrading the HMI firmware to the latest version. Finally I would try Beijer online support at:
http://www.beijerelectronics.com/

Edit:

Got that wrong, key sequences are for the old HMIs, the new ones use DIP switches:
0000 “Run-mode” - Boot CE, normal operation.
0010 System Restore, resets the file system and registry, reinstalls the system program
(OPsys_bxxx.CAB). Restores the operator terminal to factory settings.
Warning! Information can easily accidently be lost.
0100 Image Load mode (Sysload) allows upgrading of the complete software package
in the operator terminal.
Note: All files including the file system in the operator terminal will be
deleted when upgrading with Image Loader.
1000 User Menu mode, the user menu for the system program is shown. Allows the
user to set IP configuration, erase the project and calibrate the touch screen.
1100 Not used (Run-mode).
1110 Self-Test.
xxx1 Hard reset (forces the system to reset).

BryanG
I may have misled you im trying to upload the program from E1012 to my pc (since i dont have a copy of the original)
Do you have to put this terminal into a transfer mode manually? i seem to remember having to do that with earlier models?
What does(Sysload)allow you todo "allows upgrading of the complete software package in the operator terminal."
I take it thats for firmware upgrades

Thanks for ur input gents

How exactly are you trying to upload the program?

What procedure are you using?

If you open E Designer 7, there is no upload option.

I know what I do in this situation but what are you doing?

Hi guys, my method of uploading the terminal progs are.
Open the transfer project tab, choose Receive.
Why is there another way to perform this?

Cheers folks

E  designer problem.jpg

This might sound like a daft idea, but, try a different RS232 port on your computer/laptop. I have had issues in the past where program downloads stalled with one USB to RS232 converter but worked perfectly with another. My usual 'go to' converter is the Keyspan USA-19HS, though recently I had a problem where it failed but a cheaper one worked. Generally the best RS232 ports are the ones built in to a PC but sometimes you have to play with the grounding to get a reliable transfer.

You can also play with the 'Settings', increase the timeout and try setting the transfer speed manually. You can change the 'Retries' but in your screen shot the count is at zero anyway.

Never used the 2 line display E terminal but used many of the larger graphic versions, at a guess if the oem password protected the plc then probably did the same on the hmi, on the larger ones it requests the password, There are macros that can be set in the E series like protect memory etc. maybe this is the problem

Hello, friends!

I have a similar problem with HMI E1012. If I tryed connect and send or recieved some information to HMI and with HMI - my laptop on E-Designer stoped during for a reason timeout... Can you help?

Hello, friends!

I have a similar problem with HMI E1012. If I tryed connect and send or recieved some information to HMI and with HMI - my laptop on E-Designer stoped during for a reason timeout... Can you help?

This is an old thread; I suggest starting a new thread and posting a lot more information e.g. what steps you took, screen shots, etc.

Just a thought, in the peripherals setting COM2 of the HMI is usually set to HMI Tools, This as standard is 9600, ODD,7,1 for uploading/downloading but who ever programmed it may have changed it, try all combinations to see if that cures your problem, I suggest the parity first I have had a problem like this once I cannot remember what the error message was but it turned out to be the parity or stop bits.
It was a long time ago, but definitely crashed out after about 20% upload.

Buen día, es mi primera en este foro, estoy teniendo problemas al tratar de cargar un programa a una HMI EXTER T100, no logro establecer comunicación con la HMI, probé con el puerto ethernet y el DB9 para la comunicacion 232, al encender la HMI solo me sale un mensaje de downloading y luego de un minuto me sale un mensaje de D/L timeout! y no pasa de ahi.
Me podrian ayudar con alguna sugerencia o si alguien ha tenido el mismo problema ver cual fue la solución, de antemano se los agradezco.

I stopped trying to use the Ethernet or Serial Port to program the bigger Exters, it is so much easier to use a USB stick. In I/E Designer go to Transfer / Export Project Transfer File, copy the file to a USB stick, connect it to the Exter, then cycle the power. As it reboots it should find the Transfer File and ask if you want to load it, say yes. Job done.