FactoryTalk View SE Client Startup

xC0MMAND0x

I am looking at an existing application for FTSE 6.1. In the actual Client startup, the cli file, you can specify the area, initial displays, etc.

I am looking at the "Startup macro", and I would expect it to put to a single macro file. However, under the"Startup macro:" section it says the following:

mSTARTUP " Client2" "ABC"

I found "mSTARTUP" - it's a macro file, so that makes sense. I can't for the life of me figure out what the rest of that means. I typed it exactly as it is, with all spaces and quotations in place.

Am I just missing something really basic here? I would expect a single file, not additional information.

Any ideas/tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Those are parameters being passed to the macro. Can you post the startup macro?

Code:
!===== ===============================
! Macros are lists of commands, with one command per line
! See Help or the manual for a list of commands and their parameters
!====================================
!
Display P_STARTUP_VBA
!
! Define the Conmmands for this client
mDefinecommands %1 %2
!
!
! Login as an Operator
Login PFOper Operator12
mLoginOperator
!
! Start the Global Key File
!If (users\%1\security & Const\SECURITY\20) Then Key Global Else Key Global_Restricted Endif
!
! Run the First Screen Macro
m%2

I'm looking at it now and seeing the %1 and %2.

Are those the references setup as

%1 - Client2
%2 - ABC

From the script?