Compactlogix Ethernet Configuration Recomendation

Old No. 7

I have a project with a Compactlogix PLC with local digital I/O modules, a few (~4) AB Ethernet/IP VFD's, a few (~7) Acromag Ethernet/IP Analog IO modules, and three (PC based) HMI's.

I was curious what the best practice for the Ethernet setup would be - i.e. managed switches, dedicated ENBT module, etc.

I was thinking of isolating the drives and Ethernet IO modules on a 1769-ENBT module. If I do this, can I just use an unmanaged switch with a second unmanaged switch for the HMI's and maintenance access? Do I really need managed switches?

Similar Topics

Hello, I have a simple question that i hope has a simple solution. I am writing code for a multi drive mode system, PF40. My problem is I have a...
Replies
Views
I have a device that is currently connected to a UR 10 robot through a UR Cap and I would like to connect the device to an Allen Bradley...
Replies
Views
I have a device that is currently connected to a UR 10 robot through a UR Cap and I would like to connect the device to an Allen Bradley...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a requirement of communicating my 5380 CPU with Zebra ZT411 Printer. Is there any one who did this before ? Do we need to have...
Replies
Views
Has anyone worked with a Cosmo Air Leak Tester(LS r-902) with Ethernet/Ip, to connect to A Compact Logix, I´m doing a proyect with this equipment...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom