S5-95U Problem

isteak007

Hello 3 days ago i purchased a S5-95U ( 6ES5 095-8MB03) from Ebay.
I received the item today. But when i power it up. without Eprom

The PLC's BF led is on But run led is off and stop led is off too.
So we tried to overall reset the PLC but same problem.

IStack shows only AF, BATPUF

One more strange thing, when i try to view the istack Software tells me that the the PLC is not in stop mode,

But the run and stop led is off, only the BF led is on.

Battery is okay.

So what is the problem?

Here is the image of the PLC

x3a6p5.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like the plc still has a program in its memory. The onky way to clear it to remove the battery for a few minutes with the power off. Power it on again without the battery. Plug the battery in. Try resetting it and put the switch in stop and then run.

It looks like the plc still has a program in its memory. The onky way to clear it to remove the battery for a few minutes with the power off. Power it on again without the battery. Plug the battery in. Try resetting it and put the switch in stop and then run.

There were probably bus expansion modules connected to this CPU, and since the modules are gone, and the program is still intact, a bus fault BF would occur.

Look as if it is an L2 CPU . This is not the same L2-DP that was the early version of Profibus, but the L2 that was an improvement of the L1 method of CPU to CPU communication.

Last edited:
The light you are getting is Bus Fault, you still have configuration info in the PLC that show it's should have a buss unit connected. (external I/O) you will have reconfigure the PLC. If you are showing run, and the green run light is not on, it may just be a defective LED, or a problem with the plc, I would run a test program to check to see if it actually works the way it should regardless of the lights.

the led is not battery fault as maxketcham points out clear PLC memory (if you require the program upload and save first)

Last edited:
The light you are getting is Bus Fault, you still have configuration info in the PLC that show it's should have a buss unit connected. (external I/O) you will have reconfigure the PLC. If you are showing run, and the green run light is not on, it may just be a defective LED, or a problem with the plc, I would run a test program to check to see if it actually works the way it should regardless of the lights.

I know this is Bus Fault, I removed the battery for 24hrs then power it up without battery, overall reset the plc but the problem is still on

BF Led is still on.

Why the BF led is on?

It sounds like the L2 module has its own memory of a previous configuration. I'm not sure what might communicate with this old gear - maybe COM ET200; you could try COM Profibus. Perhaps some here knows for sure.

Nick

I know this is Bus Fault, I removed the battery for 24hrs then power it up without battery, overall reset the plc but the problem is still on

BF Led is still on.

Why the BF led is on?

If I remember correctly, the L2 interface is defined in DB1.
Upload the DB1 into your programmer, select KC format (characters). You will probably find how to disable the L2 in the 95U manual.
Download and good luck!

Kalle

If I remember correctly, the L2 interface is defined in DB1.
Upload the DB1 into your programmer, select KC format (characters). You will probably find how to disable the L2 in the 95U manual.
Download and good luck!

Kalle

Thanks Kalle

I solve the Problem

Thanks Everybody