fertilizer system

Charbel

dear,

i have a fertilizer system consisting of a reciprocating pump and tank with a mixer,

i guess in order to protect the mixer, a low level switch needs to be included and interlocked with the mixer, to protect running the mixer in case of low level in the tank.

does the low level switch also need to be interlocked with the reciprocating pumps? from what i know reciprocating pumps are not prone to dry running.

thank you!
Charbel

Most mixers are fluid balanced so it needs to be turned off once the level drops below the mixer. This prevents damage to both the mixer and the tank. As for the pump I would shut it off at the lowest possible level. If their is another ingredient that needs mixed set up a water flush between mixes and again flush down to the lowest point possible with out running the pump dry.