Vigeo Designer with Redundant PLC

marwan_13

Dear All,

I need to configure the vijoe designer so that the Shneider HMI can communicate with Hot standby (redundant PLC), the communication will be via ethernet.

Any Idea please.

Regards.

Marwan

Last edited:
If it's a Schneider hot standby, the IP addresses swap on fail-over so just point Vijeo Designer to the IP address of the primary. Of course, on swap over, the TCP connection has to be torn down and recreated to the new primary device (which has a different MAC).

Other platforms: not sure how they handle IP addresses on fail-over, so cannot provide any ideas.

can anyone let us know how to configure redundant EtherNet communication in vijeo designer.

What are you trying to do exactly ?

There is no mechanism for a redundant connection in Vijeo Designer that i know of, if you are connecting to a Schneider redundant PLC it's as above, the IP of the PLC swaps at changeover so there is nothing to do at the Vijeo Designer HMI end

Does no 1 use the help files anymore?
Just type redundancy in the vijeo designer help and it will show you

primary and secondary IP address's needs to configure in vijeo????

You wont care what's going on in the Standby PLC, when the CPU's swap over the HMI will drop comms for a second or two, then come back up

If what you want to do is have a redundant connection to the same PLC then that's as below:

Setting Up the Modbus Dual Ethernet Connection
Set up the Modbus TCP/IP device driver. For more information, see Section 5.2.1, Adding a Device Driver.

Configure the communication settings for the driver in the Driver Configuration dialog box. For more information, see Section 5.2.2, Configuring Communication Settings.

Configure the communication settings for the equipment in the Equipment Configuration dialog box. For more information on the Modbus TCP/IP equipment properties, see Section 26.3.6, Changing I/O Manager Communication Settings: Schneider Electric. For the Modbus TCP/IP device driver, you must define the following settings to set up the Modbus dual Ethernet connection:

IP Address – Enter the primary IP address.

Secondary Connection – For a PLC with two Ethernet ports, enable this check box to allow a secondary IP address to be entered.

Backup IP – Enter the secondary IP address.