CPM2A 1: N Communications.

Nandaosito

Hi Everyone.

I need to create the configuration One to N Host Link shown in the OMRON Manual W352-E1-07 (pag. 84). But instead of having a personal computer as "Master", I put the CPM2A as "Master."

Questions:

1. - How can I read from the CPM2A (Master), data from DM0000 to DM0008 of several CQM1s (Slaves).
2. - How I can identify each CQM1 (slave) in the ladder of CPM2A (Master)?
3. - Can I ask any CQM1 data at any instant of time or is due to a kind of constant sweep to read the data from the DM's of each CQM1?
4. - In Ladder of CPM2A, Should I use 6 RXD (47) instructions to read 6 CQM1's data?

Welcome to the forum.

To connect multiple units as you are suggesting will require RS422/RS485 (multi-drop). Omron NT-AL001 or CPM1-CIF11 are possible converters as shown in the manual.

You will not be able to use the built in one to one PLC link. You will also not be able to use the 1 to N NT link.

The CQM1 ports will need to be configured for HostLink. The CPM2A will probably need to be configured for No Protocol. Each plc will need a unique Node number configured in PLC Setup.

You will need to use RXD and TXD instructions in ladder program and build the HostLink command strings in PLC memory. I think you will only need ladder in the CPM2A (Master).

Manual for HostLink commands can be found here:
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=368

Hope this will help and good luck.

Last edited: