wincc flex + rs-linx opc + gprs

balash

i have on the field ML1200 connected thorough serial port to audiotel mc39i gprs modem. i would like to transfer existing connection which goes through some to me unknown protocol to rs-linx opc through gprs and then connect that to wincc flex. would that be possible, is it simple as plug'n'play and what should i do. i'm more of a siemens guy. not much familiar with AB.

I managed to connect S7-200 via SINAUTS MICRO OPC to a RS View. :) (SIEMENS PLC and GPRS and OPC to AB SCADA).
So i believe that is possible to connect also AB PLC and GPRS and OPC to SIEMENS SCADA.

Open new project in WinCC Flex, create new connection, choose RS OPC from list of available OPCs. If you see and can choose rigth OPC server, then I believe you will have no problems in further steps (creating tags etc...).

Last edited:
seems like trials and errors method. well at least there's nothing to loose while local auto is working. i totally forgot about creating new blank project to test the ideas...