question about rsview 32

stu

Hi guys
Is it possible to transfer a rsview 32 project into a panelview plus project , the reason is I have a panelview plus screen in stock , trying to save the company money thanks stu

Short: NO
But you can import a RSView32 project into FactoryTalk View Studio SE (Site Edition), then you can make a new FactoryTalk View Studio ME (Machine Edition). You might be able to copy some elements but I think you more or less have to start from scratch.
Even if possible my experience tell my it would be a terrible project you end up with.

I think I would open both software and try to make the migration step by step manual.

I have worked with both system quit often, but never tried to make the migration between the 2 system, so I there might be someone else with better info for you. :)

If it is a major RSView32 project the PV+ cant handle it at all.

Not easily.

FactoryTalk View Studio can perform a partial automatic conversion of an RSView32 project, but FactoryTalk View ME (which runs on the PV+) lacks many of the features of RSView32 so it's unlikely the project will run without extensive modification.

Your best bet is to get a PC that can run the existing RSView32 project.