Changing of IP address of Compact Logic L35E.

AB2005

Hi;

We have a problem in a PLC Compact Logic L35E which could not be rectified yet but program inside it is save. I want to download the program to another L35E which already has a program with a different IP address. I need info how to change the IP of PLC which has already assigned an IP?

Hi - if you can view the PLC from RSLinx, then simply right click on the icon, select Module Configuration. From the Pop Up select the Port Configuration Tab and enter the desired IP address.

If you want to do it offline and download then refer to attached screenshot.

Solution 1.
Remove left end cap and disconnect battery for a while (several minutes as far as I remember)
Then use BOOTP.

Solution 2.
Connect to the serial interface (RS232) with RSLinx.
Browse down to the internal ethernet port, right click and change port settings. (I cant remember what to left click on after the right click, but when you see it I think you can find your way)

Solution 3.
Feel lucky an guess. :)