2706-P22R led display Programming by PC

breast69au

Hi,

I have just bought one of these and am just needing advice as to what type of cable is required to program this with the computer.

I made up the 2706-NC13, just went pin for pin on each plug so 1 went to 1, 2 to 2 and so on and also grounded the cable to the connector and the computer is not talking to the display with this cable. Should mention the program I am using is the Inview Messaging software and its an old P3 laptop that I now the serial port works as I use it on another programmer.

My question is the 2706-NC13 the right cable to us or should I be using the 2706-PCABLE1 and if the 2706-PCABLE1 is the cable I should be using does anybody have a wiring diagram for it???

Please Help

there is a lot of info here
what PLC are you connecting it to and are you using rs232 or 485

Welcome to the site by the way

I am using rs232, if I just want to use the led display just to display a simple message do I need to use a plc??? Am I not able to just program my message to the display???

now your asking - honestly I dont Know
the last one of those I used was a Uticor version.
you could program the display - But you need something to tell it which message to display - hence the need of a PLC
give NHP a ring - there are some very good people in Melbourne