Unable to Download Message File Inview Display (2706-P42R-SC w/ 2706-PENETM)

remlapw

I am trying to set up an InView display (2706-P42R-SC) with an ethernet communications adapter (2706-PENETM). I was able to connect to the display via it's default IP of 192.168.1.1 and change it's IP to 192.168.114.113 for use on my control network.

I am not trying to download the messaging file to the display but I have not been able to succeed (sits at 50% for what seems like ever, no error or timeout). I am able to ping the display at it's new IP address however every time I attempt to download to the display the progress starts at 50% and does not increase.

I am using an XP virtual machine to run the inview software as my host PC is windows 7.

Has anyone experienced this before? What could I be doing
wrong?

Thanks for the help!

To add to my original post, I am using version 2.7 of the allen bradley software (inview no longer by AB). Is there a difference between Spectrum Controls software that may be the issue?