Unable to go online or upload/download

Ian762

I was onsite yesterday and had issues going online with a processor. I could see the PLC in Linx, I could go to the webpage in a browser, but in Studio, I could not select Go Online, Upload or Download.

This has happened a few times, all at this particular site/panel. I've not ran across it before, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, all in the same visit.

I am using a virtualbox VM, with NAT network adatper, my base machine is on the same subnet as the plc. PLC is an L33ER, version 29. I'm wondering if this is a v29 issue, it's actually the first time I've seen 29 in the wild.

I also wound up installing v29 on my base machine and no issues.

Anyone else experience this before?

Qo4NRyi

yes, tried the processor, and the processor in the rack, no dice.

I wasn't super hopeful, but that does get some people sometimes. That might be more of a USB connection thing, I'm not sure but I thought it was worth a try.

What version is the program? and what version linx is open? There's a possibility you don't have the right version open to connect as it sits.

Check properties of the controller, then go and open that specific version of linx if it isn't already matching.... maybe...

Don't think thats my issue, it does sometimes work, this not connecting is intermittent. it v29 studio and RSL Classic 4.21.

Don't think thats my issue, it does sometimes work, this not connecting is intermittent. it v29 studio and RSL Classic 4.21.

shut it down, delete your harmony files and restart it after browsing again.

also, make sure to start both in administrator to eliminate something odd like that

I'll give that a shot next time I go out there, but I think its something else. Throughout the day I connect to it, its a remote monitoring site made up of many ponds, with the master station and PLC in one spot, so I leave and come back. I'll connect initially, with no issues, then I leave and come back and it doesn't work. Sometimes a VM reboot fixes it, sometimes rebooting base machine fixes it, sometimes I can't ever get back online. When I installed Studio 5k on my base machine, I was able to connect, but I left after that, so not sure if the problem will follow onto the base machine.

Just something weird that I've never experienced before, was wondering if anyone else had ran into it before.

I'll give that a shot next time I go out there, but I think its something else. Throughout the day I connect to it, its a remote monitoring site made up of many ponds, with the master station and PLC in one spot, so I leave and come back. I'll connect initially, with no issues, then I leave and come back and it doesn't work. Sometimes a VM reboot fixes it, sometimes rebooting base machine fixes it, sometimes I can't ever get back online. When I installed Studio 5k on my base machine, I was able to connect, but I left after that, so not sure if the problem will follow onto the base machine.

Just something weird that I've never experienced before, was wondering if anyone else had ran into it before.

well, an intermittent connection will do that too.... it takes a little for your browsing to update and show the connection accurately.

next time open command prompt, and ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -t the -t will make it ping continuously, watch it while you're connected and see if it drops every so often. you may just have an issue on the ethernet there.

well, an intermittent connection will do that too.... it takes a little for your browsing to update and show the connection accurately.

next time open command prompt, and ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -t the -t will make it ping continuously, watch it while you're connected and see if it drops every so often. you may just have an issue on the ethernet there.

I'll +1 this. I've used the ping -t option many times to troubleshoot connections, bad cables. Simple but useful.