Pot sharing AC drives

loundeb2

Hi,
I have a quick and probably fundamental question about having 2 ac drives share the same speed potentiometer and it's effects. I had one drive connected to a 1k pot and it ran to max speed no problem, I used drive ones analog common and pot signal to another drives analog com and A1, now the speed of drive one only goes half speed. Could I in theory use a 500 ohm pot to bring it back to it's original speed using this one pot system? How will this effect the drives voltage output? BTW, they are 0-10V pot inputs.
Thanks,
Lou

You have other options:
Use output from one drive (0-10 VDC) as input to the other.
Use a voltage splitter just one potentiometer, two outputs (0-10 VDC) one for each drive.

You can parallel the two drives analog input and use a single 5k ohm pot. The negative side of the pot goes to both drives' negative analog input terminal. The pots wiper goes to both analog input positive terminal. The positive side of the pot goes to either one of the drives' 10V power supply. Or if you want a little redundency, then feed the positive side of the pot from two diodes with cathodes tied together on the pot's positive terminal and the anode side of the diodes connected to the two drive's 10V power supply, one diode to each drive.

Done it and it works fine.