1762-OW16 problem

Terry Boblitt

I have one of these in slot 7 of a rack. Output O:7/0 turn's on a 24vdc SSR. There is alarm flag's in the program where if the SSR fails to turn on in .5 seconds you get an alarm.
This question is really down to the basic's but I'm overlooking something. I wired in a test light to make it easier to see-Output light(O:7/0) comes on--sometimes the test light does and sometimes it don't. This is a new card and I've even tried another spare on the card---same thing. I've even tried another SSR.
Thanks Terry
:mad:

What processor are you using? What are the other modules you have? Do you have a wiring diagram for your project?
I have never had a issue with relay outputs so I am wondering if you have a wiring issue or if that module is putting too much of a load on the power from the processor.

The processor is a 1400. I will post the program later when I get to work. It doesn't make sense-output light is on but I'm not getting the 24vdc to turn on the SSR or the test light.

If the output is coming on then it is most likely a wiring problem. Can you post the part number of this SSR and a wiring diagram of how you have it wired?

Disconnect all wiring from your output card and with an ohm meter see if you get continuity between VAC-VDC 0 and OUT 0 with the output on. ( you are using channel 0 ?)

diagramcard.png

Mickey & all
I appreciate the help. I found my problem. They had a relay feeding the 24vdc to the output card. It was an issue with the contacts. Every-time I checked the voltage it was good. Replaced the relay--problem went away.

Thanks to all
I appreciate the help
Terry