Fail to Download RS Logix 5000

Hi,

I had a problem downloading to 1769-L33ER.
I got RSL5K ver 20.01, RSLinx Classic Lite 2.59. Windows XP SP3.
When i downloaded the program for the first time, it was okay.
But, after i made some modification offline and try to download the new one, it stopped it the middle of the download process.
The download was stopped (during downloading controller attributes) because RS linx can't communicate (pls see attached pictures).

Any suggestion, guys?

Thanks in advance

Error.jpg Error 2.jpg

Last edited:
Can you reconnect after power down and up again? Are the program and all the settings still there? Can you make on line edits with out a problem?

Try saving the program in *.L5K format, then re-opening that *.L5K file to recreate a *.ACD project file with a new name. That can sometimes fix corrupted controller attribute values.

This is just a wild guess, based on a "invalid controller attribute" error message I remember getting during a download of a project that was otherwise valid.

Well, I think upgrading the firmware is the only option, because all other alternatives have been tried.
I will update this thread after firmware upgrading.

Anyway, thank you guys for your suggestions. They really helped me a lot.

Studio 5000 ver 21 solves it.

But, somehow studio 5000 didn't impress me much. As it's heavier (took longer time) than RSL5K v20.
RS Linx 3.5.1 took more time to make a connection with device.
Sometimes it still unable to connect to the controller after first attempt, but it will be connected successfully after another attempt :sick:

Hi,

I had a problem downloading to 1769-L33ER.
I got RSL5K ver 20.01, RSLinx Classic Lite 2.59. Windows XP SP3.
When i downloaded the program for the first time, it was okay.
But, after i made some modification offline and try to download the new one, it stopped it the middle of the download process.
The download was stopped (during downloading controller attributes) because RS linx can't communicate (pls see attached pictures).

Any suggestion, guys?

Thanks in advance
Have the same issue.
This is a documented bug in 20.03 firmware.
The only solution from Rockwell is to upgrade to version 21...
The short-term work-around is to re-flash the processor before downloading, then cycle power, then download. A pain, but it works.

Have the same issue.
This is a documented bug in 20.03 firmware.
The only solution from Rockwell is to upgrade to version 21...
The short-term work-around is to re-flash the processor before downloading, then cycle power, then download. A pain, but it works.

Is the problem just in 20.03? If so you could probably downgrade your controller to version 20.02 since 20.03 was just their "hardening" release. Of course you'd also have to down grade your install of RSLogix5000 as well.