Runtime Calculation in Crimson 3

whussain6

Hi Guys,

I am using a digital signal (Flag) from Phoenix Inputs and want to calculate machine run time from that digital input. Can I make timer and calculate time while that input is true. I also want to calculate how many times that signal came on i.e number of time the machine turned on in 24 hours.

I am new to crimson, suggestion are appreciated. Thanks

Red Lion Productivity Station

Good Morning,
I am using productivity station and will use phoenix input block. I want to use digital input from that block and calculate accumulated runtime of the machine over the period of 24 hours, no matter how many times the machine started/stopped. I have got program to calculate elapsed time for first on pulse using Getnow() and its difference with the start time, but struggling to accumulate runtime pver 24 hour period.

I have managed to calculate number of cycles from the input using trigger function of the input.

Another problem I am facing is with emulator, it stops working so often and closes the program for some reason. Don't know why?

Last edited:
Your best option for the timer is to run a program OnTick which has an if statement. The statement will increment an internal tag when the input is high. You can then use these total seconds of runtime and convert into whatever measurement you like.

I can't really say what might be making the emulator fail. You are welcome to send your program to [email protected] and we can take a look at it.

Thanks
Jeremy