Micrologix 1400\Red Lion Enet comms

wdd0422

Hey everybody, can't seem to get this working. I have a Red Lion G310C210 connected to a Micrologix 1400 via Ethernet. When I push the buttons I have programmed the output comes on only momentarily even though I have the action set to toggle in the properties on the Red Lion. Also the indicator lights I have on the page do not change state. I am using 2 State, Red = off and Green = on and they stay Red even with the output on.

If I take the PLC out of run mode the buttons toggle correctly. Red Lion says this indicates the problem is on the PLC side. I also am communicating with a fanuc robot using explicit messaging and this works correctly. The PLC IP address is 10.101.80.3 The Red Lion is 10.101.80.4 and the robot is 10.101.80.5

Could this have anything to do with the explicit messaging connection to the robot?

I have included a zipped copy of the PLC program and a screen shot of the Red Lion comms configuration.

Thanks in advance
Bill

CB.jpg

Attachments

• COREBACK VER1.0 .RSS.zip
    22.2 KB · Views: 14
Hey everybody, can't seem to get this working. I have a Red Lion G310C210 connected to a Micrologix 1400 via Ethernet. When I push the buttons I have programmed the output comes on only momentarily even though I have the action set to toggle in the properties on the Red Lion. Also the indicator lights I have on the page do not change state. I am using 2 State, Red = off and Green = on and they stay Red even with the output on.

If I take the PLC out of run mode the buttons toggle correctly. Red Lion says this indicates the problem is on the PLC side. I also am communicating with a fanuc robot using explicit messaging and this works correctly. The PLC IP address is 10.101.80.3 The Red Lion is 10.101.80.4 and the robot is 10.101.80.5

Could this have anything to do with the explicit messaging connection to the robot?

I have included a zipped copy of the PLC program and a screen shot of the Red Lion comms configuration.

Thanks in advance
Bill

I can't open the file right now - I loaned out my Configuration Laptop, but it seems like something in the PLC program is turning the bits back off after the Display turns them on. Do a search in the PLC for the Bits that you are accessing in the Display.

Also, post the Bit Addresses that you are accessing for your pushbuttons so someone who *can* open the PLC file can do the search for you too.

From a quick look, I think that it's a conflict with the MSG instructions.

If you're addressing the Red Lion Flag tags to bits in the B3:3 through B3:12 range, the MSG Read (MG11:1, Read Assembly) from the robot is going to write over them every few milliseconds.

That's just a guess: you need to post details of the Crimson 3 file and which addresses you're addressing those pushbutton objects to.

B3:11/0 thru B3:11/6 are the push buttons. The bits I am using for indicators are I:1/1, I:1/7 and O:2/0. I tried to upload the zipped .cd3 file but it was too big. Thanks

Ok, I'm overwriting the B3:11 bits, any idea why the indicators are not working? Thanks again

MicroLogix physical I/O addressing can be tricky, and I recall some subtle issues with the way Red Lion addresses Data File 0 and Data File 1. I'm not sure it's worth the time to sort it all out.

The simple and easy (and recommended) way to work around this is just to copy the Input and Output data tables into a Bx:yy or Nx:yy data table, and address those from Crimson 3.

For large file transfer, I recommend DropBox, Google Drive, or Microsoft SkyDrive. I use DropBox myself.

I like those because then we can remove the files when the discussion is done, and not burden the storage capacity of the PLCTalk server.