Support required for Micrologix 1400

Hello Everybody.
Can some body let me know whether a Servo drive can be controlled through Ethernet or devicenet using Micrologix 1400 PLC? if yes then how?
I have learnt to run it successfully through PTO block for 2 axis control but now interested to know whether it is possible through communication also or not. The reason I am asking this
1. I face problems to achieve home position because I am not expert.
2. Sometimes I observed that pulses are missed.

If it is possible to do the same through communication then how and which control is better?

Thanks to all in advance.

We use the servo drive from Yaskawa which has Ethernet/IP communications. Communication to it from the Micrologix 1400 is easy,
Dear Mr. Carlton.
Thanks a lot for your reply. Kindly let me know that the instructions or the procedure to control Servo through Ethernet shall be available in Servo's user manual or micrologix user manual or somewhere else?
Regards
Sandeep

Attached is a zip RSS file with a subroutine which performs reading from the 'Input Assembly' (101) and writing to the 'Output Assembly' (111) on the Yaskawa Servo Drive.

The 'Input' and 'Output' assemblies are groups of internal variables brought together so that they may be read and written as a group. While many devices may have fixed items in these assemblies the Yaskawa Servo Drive allows the programmer to define wwhich parameters as in these assemblies.

Since the MSG command read and write using 'N' registers for storage but many of the actual values are floating point numbers I use the CPW command to transfer the register contents between two adjacent 'N' registers and a single 'F' register. The transfers take place just after a sucessful read of parameters from the drive and just before a write to the drive.

I hope this helps. Obviously, how to operate the servo itself is beyond the scope of this reply.

Attached is a zip RSS file with a subroutine which performs reading from the 'Input Assembly' (101) and writing to the 'Output Assembly' (111) on the Yaskawa Servo Drive.

The 'Input' and 'Output' assemblies are groups of internal variables brought together so that they may be read and written as a group. While many devices may have fixed items in these assemblies the Yaskawa Servo Drive allows the programmer to define wwhich parameters as in these assemblies.

Since the MSG command read and write using 'N' registers for storage but many of the actual values are floating point numbers I use the CPW command to transfer the register contents between two adjacent 'N' registers and a single 'F' register. The transfers take place just after a sucessful read of parameters from the drive and just before a write to the drive.

I hope this helps. Obviously, how to operate the servo itself is beyond the scope of this reply.
Dear Mr. Carlton,
Many thanks for your advice and the sample file. I will see this and will try to learn.
Regards
Sandeep