IO single cable types

MikeUK

For my first post I thought I would kick off with a question about the type cable people are using for their IO wiring. I am not talking about the prewired IO but single cable types.

I have seen that tri-rated 0.5mm has been dropped in favour of smaller OD cables.

I have been looking at Eco Wire (Alpha wire) which drops the OD to 1.4 from 2.5mm.

So what are people using and why?

Thanks for any comments.

As long as the csa meets 60204 & the manuf. requirements for the connected devices, volt drop, current carrying capacity, i.e. current density, and the required standards for the safety requirements then smaller OD cable is OK