FTViewStudioME7 fails to open after Studio5000 V21 install

HJTRBO

Hi all,
I installed FTViewME 7 and it was working well.
I then installed Studio 5000 V21 and now FTViewME 7 is not working.
When I choose to open an existing application or create new, after I make my choice a progress box comes up saying "Please Wait While Windows Configures Factory Talk Services Platform 2.60.00 (CPR 9 SR 6)" after which the software exits.
I am recieving my activations form other networked machines.

Studio 5000 is V21.00.00 (CPR 9 SR5.1)
FTView Studio ME 7.00.00 (CPR 9 SR 6)
Factory Talk Services Platform 2.60.00 (CPR 9 SR 6)

I would really appreciate any help.
Nathan.

FTV7 Problem2.jpg FTV7 Problem.png

Last edited:
Hi Nathan, I have got exactly the same issue. Just to clarify did you just reinstall FT View Studio? Jim

I also had the problem. Installed FTView Studio at work, took the laptop home and got the same problem. Back at the office I refreshed the activation for my software and tied it to my motherboard instead of my HDD. Haven't had problem since, however I haven't taken the laptop home since either.

Sorry I missed your question slimjim. Probably should start using email notification of replies!
I see you got it sorted.
For reference yes i unistalled factory talk view from the computer, re started and reinstalled.
All rockwell products have been working flawlessly ever since

It looks like windows tries to install Factory Talk Services Platform 2.60.00 (CPR 9 SR 6) and fails at which point factory talk crashes.
When I try to reinstall Factory Talk Services Platform 2.60.00 (CPR 9 SR 6) from my DVD, it asks for disk: 1. There is only 1 DVD (yeah I have tried all of them just in case).

I think the possible problem here is that Studio 5000 v21 CPR9 SR5.1 installs, or attempts to install, an older version or service release of FactoryTalk Services Platform, over the currently installed and newer version. This corrupts the original FTSP installation, which then requires it to be reinstalled.

I'm basing that theory on the fact that both the Service Release of Studio 5000 is at the older SR5.1, and the fact that FactoryTalk View Studio v7 is newer than Studio 5000 v21.

However, usually, when installing Rockwell software, the required components that are already installed at a newer version will be detected, and so not installed. As I had Studio 5000 v21 installed before FTVS v7, I cannot say what happens with regard to FTSP when installing Studio 5000 v21 on top of FTVS v7?

Whatever exactly it is that this sequence of installing does wrong, it is FTSP that it messes up...

582088 - Please wait while Windows configures FactoryTalk Services Platform 2.60
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George