Citect symbol library

franciscoufa

Hi people!

I need some symbols that there aren't in the Citect Library. For example, I need a fan symbol, for a refrigeration system. Is there some library to download? or ,must I create it with the graphic editor?

Thanks!o_O

I feel your pain, Citect does have some gaps in it's symbol libraries. I assume you loaded all the supplied projects (Example, CSVInclude, Tab Style Include...etc) and looked through their symbol libraries. If that does not turn up one close, you have only a few options. 1. Create and edit a new symbol in the Bitmap Editor. 2. Find the desired symbol on the Web, and download it. You can download a .jpg or a .bmp. Open that symbol in a graphics program like Paint. Trim it until there is as little background as possible (using Attributes or Crop). Select All and Copy in Paint. Then open the Citect Graphics Builder program, and Paste. Use Tools, Convert to Bitmap if you pasted a .jpg. You can now use the Tools, Bitmap Editor to make the background transparent or fine tune the image - very tedious work. You can use Tools, Swap Colors and Adjust Colors to change the colors of the symbol you pasted. You might want a given symbol in Green, Red, and Yellow to indicate equipment states- Swap Colors or Adjust Colors can do that. I have done this procedure for several symbols at our plant, and my wish is that Citect would get rid of the Bitmap editor, or make it fully functional (flood fill to make the background transparent, for example). If someone out there knows of a easier way to bring in a new symbol, we'd love to hear it!

I have a project saved for blowers and fans for Citect - these are Citect copywrite items. The zip file is too big to insert here - PM me your email address and I will send it to you. There are also inline fans in the include project. By the way if the product is in support I have found sometimes you just have to get onto support and ask. They develop a lot of graphics for their own projects.

I have the same issues with GE Cimplicity HMI; I believe that they use the same (or similar) library from Reichert. I have been looking around for available graphics and came across SymbolFactory.net, which I am just starting to look into. It has a large library and a graphics editor, but it isn't cheap ($795 US) and has some other requirements that may rule it out for me. Besides, buying software in my organization take divine intervention 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Symbol Factory is too dear and not that good unless they have updated it. Last time I looked the symbols were pretty low resolution.