Light Curtians

Johnny Rotten

Have been asked to look at possibly using more light curtains on more of our existing equipment. All of the plc's in our plant are Automation Direct, so I imagine I will use the light curtains from them, and use a safety relay to inhibit as needed. May use a plc for annunciation - which location etc. Does Automation Direct not make a safety plc that would bypass the need for the safety relay? Any generic thoughts on the subject would be great, thanks.

John

AD does not make a safety PLC. There are a few companies that do but they are generally very expensive.

I've used the AD curtains before and they worked well. I paired them with one of the LG5925-48-900-61 safety relays and initially had some issues with the relay latching occasionally (you could reset it by tapping on it). Turns out I had a bad unit and AD replaced it very quickly.

If you can provide more details on your application that would be helpful.

I also have good things to say about the YBB-30R4 series, I have used several lengths. I used them with some AB safety relays my company bought before I arrived here