SELECT CASE MxP_MODO

CASE MxP_MODO=1
MxP_NUMEROMODO="AUTOMATICO1";

CASE MxP_MODO=2
MxP_NUMEROMODO="AUTOMATICO2";

END SELECT
RETURN MxP_NUMEROMODO;
END

I added an objet that it must shows MxP_NUMEROMODO, but when I put MxP_MODO in 2, it must shows the same that the first case: AUTOMATICO1. The compilation doesn't give any error.

Are there anything wrong in the function?

Regards!

Not sure, but maybe:

STRING
FUNCTION
INT NumeroModo
Numeromodo=MxpModo

Select case Numeromodo

CASE = 1

Case = 2

CASE ELSE
MxP_NUMEROMODO="ERROR"

END SELECT
END

Works maybe, if you only chance bolded parts to your code?

Last edited:
Not sure, but maybe:

STRING
FUNCTION
INT NumeroModo
Numeromodo=MxpModo

Select case Numeromodo

CASE = 1

Case = 2

CASE ELSE
MxP_NUMEROMODO="ERROR"

END SELECT
END

Works maybe, if you only chance bolded parts to your code?

Did you talk me about this way?

Working sample:

FUNCTION
number_to_text_script()

STRING MxP_NUMEROMODO;
INT Numeromodo;

Numeromodo=MxpModo;

SELECT CASE Numeromodo

CASE 1
MxP_NUMEROMODO="Automatico1";

CASE 2
MxP_NUMEROMODO="Automatico2";

CASE ELSE
MxP_NUMEROMODO="ERROR";
END SELECT

Test_string=MxP_NUMEROMODO;

END

MxModo is INT variable. (I used local variables now for this, but should work also with tag-variables (at least if you use read tag command and with it you maybe need use also string to int conversion. Tag variable is on string format on cicode? Or change CASE to use string?)

I called function from displays page properties.

Last edited:
Thanks Lare, the program is successful!

Now, I have got the next problem:

I have done a report, and I want to show in it the variable of the function created: Test_string. Test_string is a Local Tag. I edit de Report and put as follows:

INFORME - Proyecto de Francisco Fdez Álvarez-

FECHA: {DATE(2)} HORA: {TIME(1)}

Mode: {Test_string}

The report shows all, but NO the variable {Test_string}. I tried to convert the variable in a VARIABLE TAG, but it isn't the solution!

Sorry, this goes above my knowledge.

Maybe tag is not updating? try copying varible data with write_Tag command to string.

Try formatting.
{Test_String:#-########}

I tried it, but it isn't correct!

I created the variable tag: Mx_Memoria (STRING VARIABLE), and I have done a Cicode Script where I added: Mx_Memoria=Test_string. Then, in the report is showed Mx_Memoria.

This way is almost successful, and the report shows Mx_Memoria (Automatico1, for example) but sometimes it shows only "Au" and it don't finish to write the word!

HELP PLEASE!