GE IC693CMM321-AA Setup

controlconcepts

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am having a lot of trouble finding any of the necessary information on this card. I am trying to change the IP address via hyperterminal. I am connected thru the station mannager port and if i reset the card i get..
IC693 PLC Factory LAN Interface
Copyright (c) 1995. All rights reserved.
Version 2.10 (16A1) TCP/IP
Version 1.00 (28A1) Software Loader
IP address = 170.159.201.62
MAC address = <<080019010ef9>>
>

but when ever I send a command even help nothing happens.

The second thing is i cant find any documentation on the Sub D 15 pin port. Is this the Ethernet port? I am assuming and have a Black Box 10 base T Transceiver that I use for my AB PLC'5 Either. side cards. Will this one work.

Last the cpu I have is a 331 with V4.XX firmware. is there a way to update the firmware or am I SOL.

Thanks,
Matt

The only way to set or change the IP of that device is through the hardware configuration of the CPU in the rack.
You will find manuals and other information here:
http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=docchannel&locale=en-US

Data on the Serial port here: http://forums.ge-ip.com/showthread.php?p=60395

The CPU can be updated by purchasing a firmware PROM chip from your distributor, find yours here:
http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=spage&id=ST6&locale=en-US&locale=en_US

Your best option would be to replace the CPU331 and the CMM321 with an IC693CPU372 which will handle both functions of those old modules.

Last edited:
Setup info on the 321 in this manual.
I'm using PME 7.0.
I was able to add a '321 to my system and change the IP address.
Not sure if you can do it with Hyperterminal. With that, I assume you would hold the reset for 10 seconds to get into update mode.
I did this with a 374 to update firmware. Sorry, I'm not an expert.

When I try to configure it in Proficy ME 7.00 I get an error

Error 8097: Controller Error - One or more boards configured have unsupported revision [0x05][0xD0]

So I am assuming that from what I have read that the CPU needs to be have firmware 5.XX or greater.

Russ I am confused about the Sub D 15 pin still from the link you sent. IS that the either net port or a standard Ge RS 428 port.

I know it would be nice buy do not have the funds for a IC693CPU372
Thanks,
Matt

Error 8097, is likely because the CPU is too old. The CPU331 needs to be 4.50 or later to use Proficy ME. Download Error checking for old versions can be turned off in PME on the 'Options' tab of the 'Navigator' window. But be careful to not use any unsupported code then.

Every 15 pin D-sub that I have ever run into on a GEIP (GE Fanuc) PLC has been the same RS-485 as defined in my link above.
Or are you talking about the AAUI port (Not D-sub) on the bottom of the CMM321? This is not Serial or Ethernet it is an AAUI look here for details: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Attachment_Unit_Interface
More details can be found in Appendix B of the manual GFK-1541 linked above.

If your CMM321 is new enough to have an RJ-45 connector too, then you don't need the AAUI, else you will need the 'special' Transceiver to give it an Ethernet connection.

I suggest that you download and read the manual for the CMM321 also.

Last edited: