Profinet Network Setup across Different Subnets in a Plant

Guys I have another question I'd like to clarify. From what I understand, connecting a Profinet IO device like a weight transmitter to the PLC across different subnets via routing might not be possible. However I'm wondering if it's possible to connect a computer running SCADA (WinCC Unified) to the PLC if they're on different subnets. I believe this connection doesn't rely on the Profinet protocol, does it?

Guys I have another question I'd like to clarify. From what I understand, connecting a Profinet IO device like a weight transmitter to the PLC across different subnets via routing might not be possible.

There are ways it COULD be done in your situation, but yes routing Profinet is definitely not one of them. As discussed, VLANs or separate infrastructure are options for PN.

Do the scales support modbus tcp or EIP or OPC UA?

However I'm wondering if it's possible to connect a computer running SCADA (WinCC Unified) to the PLC if they're on different subnets. I believe this connection doesn't rely on the Profinet protocol, does it?
It does not rely on Profinet, it can be routed.

There are ways it COULD be done in your situation, but yes routing Profinet is definitely not one of them. As discussed, VLANs or separate infrastructure are options for PN.

Do the scales support modbus tcp or EIP or OPC UA?

It does not rely on Profinet, it can be routed.
No the scale only supports profinet and profibus.

To get the wincc and PLC to communicate what ip addresses should i assign? The PLC is in the subnet 172.16.102.x and wincc pc is in 172.16.103.x. Although the computers across these subnets can communicate and ping each other as routing has been setup by IT but my wincc and PLC cannot communicate. Btw I have assigned the ip 192.168.0.1 to the PLC and 192.168.0.2 to the wincc PC. When i tried connecting them in the same network (172.16.102.x) they connected and started communicating but not across different subnets. Do I have to use the option "use router" in tia portal?

Do I have to use the option "use router" in tia portal?
You need to talk to your IT department who is responsible for the network, tell them what you want to do, and have them tell you what to do.

If the devices are in the same subnet, you don't need to define a router/gateway. If they aren't, you need one. However, you may not be able to pick your own IPs Or settings. You may also need to take things like IT firewalls into account. This is why the IT dept is important, unless you definitely know what you're doing and how the network is set up.

You need to talk to your IT department who is responsible for the network, tell them what you want to do, and have them tell you what to do.

If the devices are in the same subnet, you don't need to define a router/gateway. If they aren't, you need one. However, you may not be able to pick your own IPs Or settings. You may also need to take things like IT firewalls into account. This is why the IT dept is important, unless you definitely know what you're doing and how the network is set up.
Thanks mate. Appreciate your response