PROFINET network crashes if i activate 17th IO device.

Smeagol

https://i.imgur.com/DxEkaxK.png (HMI IP is set at the device itself)

This is my setup, i have a 315 CPU that controls 17 devices in total. In my PLC hardware it says that the max. number of S7 connection resources is 16 https://i.imgur.com/Lz162EN.png, this is consistent because if i take out the 17th device my network works fine. But when i look at the PLC datasheets i see this https://i.imgur.com/bhYPc5t.png , Here it says that i should be able to configure 128 IO devices.

Did i configure them wrong in my hardware? im using TIA V14.:geek:

So whenever i assign the 17th device (doesnt matter wich one) my PLC refusus to go into RUN and the BF LED flashes. When this happens i cant control any other IO device like the FESTO module or the pumps. I basically have to remove 1 IO device from my HW config and redownload to the PLC. And then everything is operational except the device i threw out of my config.

When the S7 CPU display a BF, open the CPU properties online and copy all the Diagnostic Buffer entries to a text file. Post the text file here.

Repeat: Describe your network in detail.

I cant post the txt file because i am currently not on site. I attached a schematic of my network.

So basically there is an **** router in my main cabinet, internet is connected to it and then my components are connected to this icon in multiple chains. I thought the issue might be excessive chaining so i recently put another switch (Siemens XB008) in there to reduce the chaining but that didnt help either.

netwerk.jpg

If you are online with an internet router, then you can go online and copy the text file. But it must be when the BF is active.

Anyway, I would suspect the switch/router (?) that the CPU connects to. Everything has to pass via this switch/router.
Any other network devices that are in the chain from the CPU to the IO Devices, are they all proper Profinet rated ? If not, reroute the cabling so that you dont mix Profinet with non-Profinet.

check the total length to make sure its under 150 meters or 450 feet? Distances can be a factor in ethernet. Also can you ping the new device on network? Its probably impossible to do it remotely but have someone local do the pinging. Is there a duplicate address? Not sure how siemens deals with a duplicate address? If its a duplicate usually the duplicate and the other address falls off network.

Standard Ethernet is nomimally 100 m. You can get away with a little longer, 110-120 m or something like that, but not 150 m. I would be more vary of response times. The response time can be extended with long cables and/or many devices in a single chain. One way to take such thing into account, and to get better diagnostics is to setup the topology in STEP7. That would be one of my recommendations depending on the info we get later.
Topology in a Profinet system require that only Profinet devices are part of the Profinet system. You can connect non-Profinet devices to the system, but data to and from Profinet devices should not pass via the non-Profinet devices.

The BF could have to do with duplicate Devicenames or IP addresses. I notice that the I.x.o.n routers IP is not in the diagram.
But there are a bajillion possibilities.

When we get the diagnostic buffer, we will know why the CPU faults.

OK, so it is actually a VIPA, not a Siemens.
I would contact VIPA regarding the 1st entry in the list regarding "STOP caused by parameter assignment error or unpermissible difference between preset and actual configuration: startup disabled"

The text could point to that there is some kind of mismatch with the configuration of the PN IO Device. On a Siemens that would usually trigger an error-OB, not that the CPU faults.