Time Based Outputs

racbdlovr

I am running RSLogix 5000 and I need to program outputs to trigger every 90 minutes. I have 7 production lines that stagger their start times. I need to write a program that reads the clock of the processor and triggers an output every ninety minutes after the production line starts. I have no idea where to start. Any help I can get on this will be much appreciated.

I personally wouldn't use the Wallclock time. It would involve math/conversions to handle second, minute, hour and day rollovers.

Why not just use a 90 minute timer (TON)? Pretty basic logic, where a starting event turns on a timer with a preset of 5400000 msecs. The timer can be latched in with the Timer.TT bit, and the .DN bit fires your output and starts the next timer if needed.

Go ahead and use the wallclock time.
Put a DTR instruction on the Minutes register, and use that to drive a counter (or just an ADD 1 SomeRegister SomeRegister), then use the counter current value to trigger your starts:
EQU SomeRegister 90 OTE GoOne
EQU SomeRegister 180 OTE GoTwo
etc.

I personally wouldn't use the Wallclock time. It would involve math/conversions to handle second, minute, hour and day rollovers.

Why not just use a 90 minute timer (TON)? Pretty basic logic, where a starting event turns on a timer with a preset of 5400000 msecs. The timer can be latched in with the Timer.TT bit, and the .DN bit fires your output and starts the next timer if needed.

I would have done the same