Stage programming and a total run timer

MiPilot

I have written a program using stages (using Do-More) for the first time. The machine performs a repetitive task and the program is working great.

The program consist of three stages. The initial stage 0, I tasked it to empty the machine without permitting any fill operations. This is because I have no way of knowing the level of the tanks. It then transitions to stage 1 which allows tank 1 to fill and tank 2 to empty. A count down timer is started and when finished it moves to Stage 2. This stage empties tank 1 while filling tank 2. When finish it transitions back to stage 1. This continues until the machine is turned off or a e- stop is activated which reverts back to stage 0.

I have also programed a C-more panel. Within the monitor, I have included a total cycle counter as well as a total run timer. This is where I am having an issue.

Also X25 and X26 are coming from the touch panel.

Will the counter/timer work the way it is written?

Thanks Steve

SBPLC.png

Assuming stages S3 and S4 are enabled then it appears the counter and timer should behave as you describe. Using the simulator they appear to continue to count/time after reaching the preset (even when the preset is zero). What 'issue' are you having?

Last edited:
For one thing: Don't use X's as inputs from a touch screen. X bits are written to by physical Inputs on each scan. Also I am not sure what Y13 is, But it 'appears' you may be using Y13 just as a bit for running the timer. If Y13 is also being used as a physical output, then what you are doing is probably fine.

You need to use C bits for all internal Coils and contacts.
Use X's only for Physical inputs, and Y's only for physical outputs.
Hope this helps.
:D

Thanks guys....

I found out the hard way that the x bit did not work from the screen. I changed them to c bits and the resets work fine.

Also, when I read the instructions on programming the timers with stages, it led me to believe I needed to address the the contacts as $Main.S0, but that didn't work. I changed them to just S0, S1, S2 and the counters and timers worked as they should.

Also, when I read the instructions on programming the timers with stages, it led me to believe I needed to address them as $Main.S0 but that didn't work. I changed them to just S0, S1, S2 and the counters and timers worked as they should.
$MAIN.S0 is referencing the bit for Stage 0 in the program block MAIN.
When you type S0 inside a program block it automatically references that Program blocks own stage bits (ie: $Process_Run.S0)
Glad you're making progress.