remote I/O reference

tthoang86

Hi. I'm kinda not familiar with Wonderware intouch. So please forgive me if this is a dumb question.

The scenario is, 2 systems, which each has its ownself of plcs. Each system talk to 1 PC and the two PCs connected to each other through Ethernet network. Let names the 2 PCs are A and B. A and B got Identical Wonderware intouch logic and talk to each other (data from B can be read from A and vice versa)

As the project required, we need to build another PC (PC C) that can read data from PC B as well.

Can someone please give me some advices on it?
Thank you very much

slight question is this an AB system?
usually use a managed switch and talk to all three PLC's.
is the wonderware running from an HMI, PLC or a PC?

If it is an AB setup then you could use either the MSG or Produce/Consume tags to your main PLC - just keep an eye on the available memory amount.

slight question is this an AB system?
usually use a managed switch and talk to all three PLC's.
is the wonderware running from an HMI, PLC or a PC?

If it is an AB setup then you could use either the MSG or Produce/Consume tags to your main PLC - just keep an eye on the available memory amount.

It's not AB
In system A, it is Smart-PEP PLC, an absolute Wartsila product. The systems communication in Profibus FMS network. The Wondwerware intouch here is one node and running on a PC.

In system B, it is Siemens TI405 connect through RS485.The Wondwerware intouch here also on a PC.

But I don't thinks the PLC will affect the communication between the PCs
2 PCs (A and B) are connected and be able to transfer data together by Ethernet cable. The wonderware intouch logic is the same for both PC
PC 3 already connected with other PCs through a switch and already be able to ping (through CMD) the other PCs

I also set up the wonderware intouch as below but still not be able to get data from PC B to PC C.

5wgow.jpg

213ejpg.jpg

we did some change in the Wonderware logic in PC C so it is a little bit different from the one in A and B. I dont know if it is affect the communication between C and B.

Hi,

Based on my understanding, your problem is that PC C cannot get data from PC B.

base on the properties of your accessname, you used view as Application name.
Maybe intouch viewer in PC B is not running. Intouch Viewer should be running in PC B so that PC C can have data.

Other possibility:
1. If you are using remote referencing of tags, maybe you have not changed your tag remote references.
2. If you are using local tagnames, maybe you have not changed the access name of the tags.

Hi,

Based on my understanding, your problem is that PC C cannot get data from PC B.

base on the properties of your accessname, you used view as Application name.
Maybe intouch viewer in PC B is not running. Intouch Viewer should be running in PC B so that PC C can have data.

Other possibility:
1. If you are using remote referencing of tags, maybe you have not changed your tag remote references.
2. If you are using local tagnames, maybe you have not changed the access name of the tags.

Hi Purrdie

Is it possible for you to give me some example on remote referencing of tags as you mention above?

The really thing that I need to achieve here is for PC C to pick up data from PC B as you said.

Do I need to use any additional software to be able to do it?

Thanks

Hi
I also try the remote reference with this setting

I can not get the data from PC B to PC C eventhough I already create new Access Name as you mention above

PC B 's name is SIMATIC
2i9nzpc.png

PC C

2cn8h9y.png

255o0no.png

Can someone please help me with this problem?

Thank you very much

In PC-C, use exactly the same access names that are used in PC-B. Your not getting data from PC-B, your getting data from the PLC's, just like PC-A and B.

I be able to read data from PC B to PC C already with the remote reference protocol
Thanks everyone

Why are you reading PLC data from view, when you could simply be reading the PLC data from the IO Server on either of the HMI workstations?

Can you please give me a bit more info on how to do it?

Can you please give me a bit more info on how to do it?

When you set up your Access Name(s), make the "Node Name" the name of the computer hosting your IO Server program, which handles communications to your PLC(s). For the "Application Name", use the name of the IO Server program, rather than "view". This allows a single IO Server to provide the PLC data directly to all of your InTouch nodes.

With the following configuration, I have been able to monitor computer A's data from computer B

Computer A

2i9nzpc.png

Computer B

2cn8h9y.png

255o0no.png

However, when i do it another way around.. i.e. set up data in comp B and try to monitor from comp A. I can not get anything
Can someone please help?
Thanks

P/S: may be just the setting of the computer or intouch?

Last edited: