Log on to FactoryTalk?

mustbemad10

Hi.
I am trying to use Studio 5000, but when I go to create a new project then I get a pop up asking for the user name and password for FactoryTalk.
I have had a look around the net & found that I need to run the 'FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard'. I try and do that and enter the username of the admin account & I leave the password box empty as I don't have a password set.

Does this mean that FactoryTalk is forcing me to set a password on the laptop?
I don't want a password set for the user as this has caused issues around the site before so we need to avoid this.

Can anyone help with this?

Similar Topics

Hello, I was looking to store some values from our FactoryTalk Application using Datalog to a MariaDB. I see there is quite a bit of documentation...
Replies
Views
I've got a problem that's been annoying me for a bit. My users are set up in ftvme and when I run the runtime on my computer I can log in fine as...
Replies
Views
I am having issues at my plant with people logging into a simple recycled water system and putting valves and pumps in hand causing problems...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I am looking to add a way of logging FactoryTalk View ME current user and when the user trigger a boolean (HMI PB) w/ timestamp...
Replies
Views
I have Factorytalk View Studio local edition installed on multiple machines. Every once in a while the data logging locks up and pens don't update...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom