kinetix 6500

I'm not very optimistic that an Internet forum is going to give you better troubleshooting advice than an extensive effort by the manufacturer, but if you provide some useful information about the system and the problems you are experiencing with it, we can try.

The more effort and information you put into your posts, the more informed and insightful the responses can be.

Let me be clear: Post more information. Post as much as you can think of. Organize it neatly. Be specific and detailed.

Status in front of servo drives say running. When i try to jog servo
it says s54 and some times s55 velocity error or excess positon error, i can not get servo to move at all, and this is a new setup.

I can see the position from the encoder back to the plc.

The wierd part is when the servos are in the running state
i can move by hand, they are supossed to be locked

So you can turn the servo on (MSO) and get the drive to be "running", but you can then turn the motor by hand? I'm thinking the drive fault when you do this - correct? And if you give it a jog or move command, the drive faults?

Sounds to me like the drive has severe torque limiting. So the drive is content when you turn it on and it just needs to hold the motor in position (nothing is trying to move the motor, so the drive doesn't require any torque to achieve this). But if you command the drive to move the motor, it can't provide enough torque to move the motor and therefore faults because it failed to move the motor as commanded.

I'd start by looking at the axis properties:
1. Is the torque limit set to something incredibly small?
2. Is there something way off in the accel,velocity, or position loops.

I'd then try to go through the autotuning