Creating UDTs with Schneider PL7 Pro

pickerel

I have an up and coming project that is requiring me to develop a template program using Schneider (Modicon) PL7 Pro and I'm just starting to review the features of the software.

I'm wondering if it is possible to create UDTs, user-defined data types (creating custom structures and their members) with this software?

I've gone through some of the embedded help and browsed through some of the software features but I have not located any editors in the software that will allow me to do this.

u did not mention the version of the software. if its pl7 v3.4 or higher you can have derived function blocks (DFB) there. its a user define block which you can develop as per your application & use in any part of the program.

regards,

saptarshi

The version I have is PL7 PRO 4.2.

I am familiar with this software's ability to create user defined DFBs. Definitely helps reduce the amount of repeatable code by calling up multiple instances of the same DFB.

What I was hoping to find was if there is a way to create a user defined data type (UDT or DDT). For example create a structure and assigning the members that contains all the variables pertaining to a specific device in my project.

Struct "Motor" = Data Type
- Motor_Running : Bool
- Motor_Start : Bool
- Motor_Stop : Bool
- Motor_Fault : Bool
- Motor_Status : Byte
- Motor_Operating Current : DInt

Thanks for your help.

PL7 does not have the abiltiy to create "custom" data types, what you see is what you get. I believe Schneider's new Unity software does allow UDT/DDTs for the Premium platform.

You are correct about the Unity Pro software allowing for the creation of custom data type (called Derived Data Types, DDTs in
Unity).

Does anyone know if Unity has been released? I searched the web and the only place I could find any source to get the software from was through Schneider-Electric in Australia.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, Unity Pro V1.1 is available in the US, part #UNYSPULFUCD10 for the English language version for use with Premium only. I think they have an upgrade available from PL7.