Micromaster configuring through profibus

FlatLiner

Hi,

I'm working with PLC S7 313C 2DP and with micromaster 420.

I need to connect them via profibus but now when I'm trying to configure with Simatic Manager, I always get errors from the micromaster.

I set the CB address on the micromaster through the P value P0918.
I've given it there the address 3. So in my simatic manager, I say that mm is connected at profibus with profibus address 3. The dip switches on profibus module are all on 0 so the P-value is the main one.

I download the configuration and get error on my PLC. I'm getting desperate here and hope someone can help me.

regards
FlatLiner

Oh, sorry I wasn't that clear ;)

Now, I have the mm connected with profibus (with help from a friend) and he wrote a little program so the engine starts running at 12.5.

OB1 looks like this but I dont understand it anymore and my friend left for holiday :'(

In Network 1:

CALL "RSE_FB" , "RSE_DB"

Network 2:

CALL "DPRD_DAT"
LADDR :=W#16#100
RET_VAL:=MW100
RECORD :=P#M 0.0 BYTE 4

CALL "DPWR_DAT"
LADDR :=W#16#100
RECORD :=P#M 10.0 BYTE 4
RET_VAL:=MW102

Network 3:

CALL "DPRD_DAT"
LADDR :=W#16#104
RET_VAL:=MW110
RECORD :=P#M 20.0 BYTE 32

CALL "DPWR_DAT"
LADDR :=W#16#104
RECORD :=P#M 60.0 BYTE 32
RET_VAL:=MW112

I download this into the PLC and if i go now through the VAT this is what is there:

MW 0 "Status_Word" HEX
MW 2 "Act_freq" HEX
MW 10 "Control_Word" HEX W#16#057F
MW 6 "Setpoint" HEX W#16#1000
M 11.0 "OFF1" BOOL

If i update the M11.0 BOOL to 1, the engine starts running at 12.5 (since 12.5 is 1000HEX I thought if I update the W#16#1000 to let us say W#16#2000 --> I think the engine should go running at 25 but the engine wont listen)

So for the moment, I only can let the engine running at 12.5.

Is it possible to give me a brief explanation of all the things he put in network 1,2 and 3 and how do I change the motor speed.

tx
FlatLiner

*EDIT* Before anyone ask after the symbol table, it looks like this

Act_freq MW 2 WORD
ALARM_SC SFC 19 SFC 19 Query the Acknowledgment Status of the last ALARM_SQ Entering State Message
ALARM_SQ SFC 17 SFC 17 Generate Block-Related Messages with Acknowledgment
Control_Word MW 10 WORD
DIS_AIRT SFC 41 SFC 41 Delay the Higher Priority Interrupts and Asynchronous Errors
DPNRM_DG SFC 13 SFC 13 Read Diagnostic Data of a DP Slave
DPRD_DAT SFC 14 SFC 14 Read Consistent Data of a Standard DP Slave
DPWR_DAT SFC 15 SFC 15 Write Consistent Data to a Standard DP Slave
EN_AIRT SFC 42 SFC 42 Enable Higher Priority Interrupts and Asynchronous Errors
Fault_Ack M 11.7 BOOL
I/O_FLT1 OB 82 OB 82 I/O Point Fault 1
OFF1 M 11.0 BOOL
OFF2 M 11.1 BOOL
OFF3 M 11.2 BOOL
RACK_FLT OB 86 OB 86 Loss of Rack Fault
RDSYSST SFC 51 SFC 51 Read a System Status List or Partial List
RSE_DB DB 49 FB 49 Diagnostic block for Report System Error
RSE_FB FB 49 FB 49 Diagnostic block for Report System Error
Setpoint MW 6 WORD
Status_Word MW 0 WORD
VAT_1 VAT 1

If you are OK to send the entire project, then I would do that.
Use the Archive function in STEP7 to create a compressed project file that can be posted on the forum.

The problem is that the Micromaster can be setup in many ways. Have you or your friend taken note of the settings you/he has altered in the Micromaster ?
You need to know these settings to find out how the setpoint is configured.
From what source ?
Limits ?
etc..

You could start to study the manuals for the Micromaster to find out about where and how the speed setpoint is setup. But prepare to put in an effort, because there are MANY settings.

Tx for the quick answer. I will upload the archived project as soon as I get home (@ school now).

I've read through the manuals a lot and did some research on the inet but since I'm complete noob at PLC configuring/programming. Most of it is chinese for me :(

What you mean with settings altered on micromaster. Values changed are
P0918 -> 7 (address for profibus)
P0700 -> 6
P1000 -> 6 (both for telling mm that working through profibus)
P2040 -> 20 (sais in mm profibus manual that they recommend putting it on 20 so the drive can be stopped in case of error)
P3900 -> 3 (in that same manual sais, finish of with this parameter putting it on 1 or 3 to calculate motor data)

OK, you know how to enter settings ("parameters") on the MM.

There must be some parameters that define how the speed setpoint is configured. If it is some kind of standard setup, then there must be a description of this in the manual. Also try to look for some example STEP7 project that can help you out.

FlatLiner

Have a look at what data is contained in MB12 and MB13, going by what your friend has written this should be the set point word written to the drive, I state this because according to the information you gave us in the symbol table, M11.0 etc would be part of control word 1. So that means that network two is the network (using SFC15) that transfers the controlling data to the drive.

Using these SFC's to control the drive is a bit ellaborate, as you can acheive the same results just using a Load (L) and Transfer (T) command to the required PQW (output word), this is especially true for the two control words.

I am also a little bit confused, from what I remember the first four bytes written to the drive (in your case address 100 - 103) is data for the PKW area of the drive, or in English, the area of the drive where you can write to parameters to make changes to the way the drive behaves or is setup. The next 32 bytes (in your case address 104 - 135) is the area used for drive control, again the first two words being the important ones.

Perhaps someone could confirm this for me, (I can't find my notes on this)

Paul

P.S I think it's P443 for determining where the set point value comes from.

Last edited:
PLucas said:
P.S I think it's P443 for determining where the set point value comes from.

No, I got it wrong!! :oops:

Perhaps I should have read the manual before I opened my mouth. banghead

It is P1000 for the source of the setpoint, this being set at 6 does select the CB card.

Paul

These are settings I used on a recent job with Micromaster 430 drives.

P918 PB Address
P0003 3
P1000 6
P2012.0 4
P2012.1 4
P2051.0 52
P2051.1 21
P2051.2 27
P2051.3 53
P2040 0
P2041.2 1
P1110 0

Sending and reading directly from PIWxxx and PQWxxx
Set Speed
L 4000
T PQW302
Set Running
L 1150
T PQW300
L 1151
T PQW300

Reading speed
L PIW 300
T "Status word"
L PIW302
T "Speed"

Keep it simple untill it works.

Re: Doesn't the Micromaster require data consistency?

Peter Nachtwey said:
If so, then writing directly to the I/O is a bad idea.

Peter

That maybe so, but you do get four bytes of consistant data when using the load and transfer functions, so for the two control words that is fine.

Paul