Possible to export and import complete configuration for an RSLinx driver

sanger

I have a number of clients who have large Rockwell PLC networks with deep hierarchies. Since RSLinx cannot auto-browse the Ethernet networks on remote ENBT/EN2T modules it takes me a considerable amount of time to manually configure all the IP addresses on the remotes modules, sub-modules, etc, etc.

If I move to a different PC or re-install RSLinx I loose all of that configuration and have to start over.

I have tried using the RSLinx Backup and Restore Utility but it only restores the root level nodes and node of the lower hierarchies. I've been unsuccessful trying to find any configuration files or registry settings set by RSLinx to save these configurations.

Agreed. There should be an export/import option on the RSLinx driver configuration window. It'd be especially useful to be able to import/export selected drivers instead of the entire RSlinx config.

You can import/export via the Windows registry though.

1. Click Start-Run then type regedit
2. Navigate to this key (Win7 x64, may be different with other OS's)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Rockwell Software\RSLinx\Drivers\AB_ETH

3. Select a driver, for example "AB_ETH-4"

The "Name" key will have the text name you gave it in RSLinx which will help you identify the driver you want.

4. Right click on AB_ETH-4 (or the driver of your choosing) and select Export.
5. Enter a meaningful file name and path to save the exported .reg file.
6. Copy the .reg file to the new computer, double click the .reg file in Windows Explorer on the new computer (don't need to run regedit), click Yes on the registry change pop-up and you are done.

7. You will need to shutdown and restart RSLinx. If that doesn't work reboot and try again.

Cheers,
-Brad