Timers in RSLogix 5000

dskplc

Hello, I am trying to have 1 timer turn on a horn 4 times for a total of 120 sec. Is it possible to split a TON up into 4 times or do I split this up among 4 timers (TON), 30 sec each? Thank you for your help.

So you are turning it on 4 times, then would I be correct in saying that there would be a duration that it would be off between each ON duration?

There would be many ways to skin this cat. One way I'll throw out would be to use one timer and LIM instructions (using the timers ACC value) to define windows for the output to be on. So you could say that between 0 and 30 seconds the horn would be on, then 35 to 65 it would be on again. That would leave it off for 5 seconds in between. Adjust the windows and total time in the timer as necessary.

Hi,

Just use a series of comparators and trigger the horn when the accumulator (.acc) equals your required time intervals...

Regards,

Rob

Do you mean -

ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON

with 120 seconds from the start of the first ON to the end of the last one?

You could use one 120 second timer then a single rung with 4 parallel branches. The first branch would have a LES than compare. The middle two would have LIM instructions. The last one would have a GRT instruction. Then in-line with the output would be a XIC of the Timer TT bit. Finaly the horn output.

Another way would be to use 7 timers, one for each segment. Then a rung, again with 4 parallel branches, each with a XIC contact of the 4 ON timer's TT contacts then on to the output.

It's up to you and how easily the program is understood by those who come after.

Hi

You could use 4 times or you could use a lim or grt and leq instruction and use the .acc
Of your timer to compare fixed values to

Both will work

Donnchadh

Thank you for the great idea. Here is a snippet of what I think you meant for 1 on / off. I need to turn on a tone and light for x seconds, turn it off for x seconds with this on/off occurring 4 times. It doesn't seem hard but I am not getting the light and tone to turn off during the off time.

Capture.jpg