RSLogix 5000 Timers

dmoses1969

I have a merge program that a co-worker was working on before he quite recently. In the past month the merge logic grew from 17 rungs to now 49. I have an issue with delays in the release when both lines will pause for around 30 seconds. There are no rung comments. Is there a way to view all timers at once so maybe I can see the one that is running causing the delay?

Thanks

Simplest way I know of is to add a single rung and add as many compare instructruction as you need to view the acc value of each one with a dummy coil or NOP at the end. That way you can monitor all values in one space.

From the menu bar select View and then Watch. Select Quick Watch and you should be able to build up a watch window with the elements you are looking for.

Keith

When using any of the tag database viewers ( NOT including quick-watch), there is an option to re-jig the display to show them like they were displayed in RSLogix5 or 500.

It's called "Enhance Tag Value Display", and can be found on the "Tag Editor / Data Monitor" category of the Workstation Options (Menu : Tools->Options).

The display only switches to this view if you are ONLY viewing one of tags of the types specified.

Edit : Corrected as above, this does NOT happen in the quick-watch view, but you can always build a quick-watch to just show the timer accumulators.

2014-06-26_224047.jpg

Last edited:
I have a merge program that a co-worker was working on before he quite recently. In the past month the merge logic grew from 17 rungs to now 49. I have an issue with delays in the release when both lines will pause for around 30 seconds. There are no rung comments. Is there a way to view all timers at once so maybe I can see the one that is running causing the delay?

Thanks

Can't you just monitor the rung that operates the release and see which bit it is waiting for ...

Can't you just monitor the rung that operates the release and see which bit it is waiting for ...

There's a rung for both lanes and they're kind of spread out now. I was able to use the instructions above with view/watch/ filter for the timers that are being used. Didn't get a lot of time today to watch it run. Plan on watching the merge tomorrow and see if I can see which time is running while both lines are waiting. I'll post an update with what I find.

You can use the split window bar to view two seperate areas of the program.

You can use the split window bar to view two separate areas of the same routine.

To view multiple areas in different routines and/or programs/tasks, then open as many new windows as you need from the "Window" menu.