Microsoft XML Parser? (FactoryTalk)

cehrman

Hello All,

Opened up Factorytalk ME this morning and got the following error message: "The correct version of Microsoft XML Parser is not installed. Version 4.0 is required. To correct this error, register the following file: msxml4.dll. For help, see Release Notes: C:\programfiles\common files\rockwell\FTAPReleaqsenotesEN.chm.

Software ran fine last week, last month, etc. I don't know what this means and, of course, the file I'm supposed to see does not exist. I'm also getting an activation message.

Ah, here is another popup: Cannot connect to addin object
Name: Application Handler
Cause: 8004208e

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Found it! Dug aroung on Rockwell's help site and one of the three pertinent search results was available without a service contract.

They claim something else made changes to my computer. I doubt it, since I only run RSLogix and FactoryTalk and nothing else on this computer, but, at least it is working again. For today.