How to Upload program from WinCC to PC/Laptop

ifnul

Hi everyone..

Anybody know how to upload program from WinCC to PLC/Laptop, I am using Simatic Wincc Flexible 2008 SP3 software.
I have tried by connect the WinCC display (TP177B PN/DP-6 CSTN) to my PC using ethernet Cable, then try to transfer/backtransfer.. but it didn't work
I also tried to use transfer menu from Wincc display but it can't found the host.

Any idea?

Thankyou very much

hi unless the person who downloaded the hmi ticked the box it cannot be uploaded

Basically you can use prosave to make a total backup which cannot be edited, and that is it

hi unless the person who downloaded the hmi ticked the box it cannot be uploaded

Basically you can use prosave to make a total backup which cannot be edited, and that is it

Yes, I have backed t up using prosave and I got the .psd file.
But I don't know how to open this file because this unknown type of file or cannot execute by win cc program.

The problem actually is my machine now cannot start because the touch panel (win cc) cannot log in, all username/password is incorrect. And unfortunately I don't have any backup of win cc program (especially *.hmi)

Any Idea?
Thank You Very Much

prosave saves backup without editing possibility. it's just for backup in case of replacement is needed. not for later editing. think of it as a disc image.

prosave saves backup without editing possibility. it's just for backup in case of replacement is needed. not for later editing. think of it as a disc image.

i don't have any backup file which can edit/change the configuration or other settings. as i know (newbie) we need .hmi filemif we want to change something inside.
any idea?

generally, hmi is hard to backup. usually it means new program if you don't have source because hmi only has runtime without editing option. i do not know if there is editable backup available at all if source is not downloaded also to unit.

If you did a full back up you may be able to download this back into the screen but tick the 'overwrite user password' option (can't remember what it's actually called but something along these lines). This might put the user password data back in but can't be sure of this. Use at your own risk! ;-)