Citect V7.2 SP3 and Micrologix 1400

Terrep

I'm having issues getting Citect to communicate with a Micrologix 1400.
I'm using the ABMLXEIP driver and followed the communications form in the help folder.

Post your settings for Board, Port and IO Device.

Have you checked the Citect kernel for diagnostics?

See attachment for a working ML1100 setup which is the same needed for ML1400.

CitectMLSetup.jpg

Hard to tell from the pics but from what I can see you are missing a space between the IP address and the -P0 -T in the Special Opt. for the Ports form.

It should be -I192.100.50.100 -P0 -T

You need to go to the IO devices page in the Kernel for diagnostics on the IO Device.

I've put the spaces in and restarted. I've opened up the I/O Device window in the kernel and it had the following message ' No unit statistics available as this is not an IO Server'

Pretty sure this happens when the network address you entered in the Citect config doesn't match the actual IP address of the machine you're trying to set up.

Are you sure your computers IP is set to 192.100.50.130 which is the IP you set in the Citect Network Address form?

How many network interfaces do you have?

If you have more than one NIC, then it could be a problem.

Try setting this parameter in Citect.INI to force the role to server/display.

[Client]ComputerRole=0

I was able to select the server option. And there is a server in the kernel I/O device. But it still isn't communicating with the PLC.

project editor.jpg citect kernel.jpg Internet protocol properties.jpg