PanelviewPlus 1250 and Logix5000 ASCII tags

tmechanic

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am have trouble getting DINT ascii tags to comer through the Panelview as their ascii characters, I get the number for the ascii character.

Logix Tags.jpg

PanelviewScreenShot.gif

On the PanelView:
Use the String Display for ASCII.

Use the Numeric Display For DINT.

A String always has to have the number of characters as the first element in the String.

In the PLC-5 and SLC-500, the first Word was the length, and then the characters were packed into subsequent Words two at a time.

In ControlLogix, the first DINT is the .Length sub-element, and the characters are put into a SINT[x] array as the .Data sub-elements.

The easiest thing to do would be to copy those DINTs into an actual String datatype tag, and give it a fixed Length.

I've already tried turning the DINT to a String.DINTtoString.jpg

All that did was turn the ascii characters into numbers right in the PLC.

Tried using the Numeric Display and all it displays is ****.

I'm trying to display a 4 character string.