Allen Bradely problem

MAHER

Dear All,

after installing " RSLogix 5000 v20 & v19 "

i created program by " v20 " , after that i tried to add new module by the following steps:

_ I/O configuration folder
_ Right click
_ Add new module >>> but i found this this word not active

i repeated the previous trial by using " v19 " , i got the same result.

so please could any one tell me why is it happened , and how can i over come this problem.

Thanks In Advance,

maher

I assume you had to select a processor when creating a new project. If you expand the I/O Configuration folder The processor should show up on a bus (mine showed up on 1769 bus since I selected a 1769-L2ER-QB1B CPU) and right-clicking on the bus should provide you with 'New Module'

yes of course when i created the new project i selected the cpu " any cpu " just to test the software but nothing changed

I'm using Studio 5000 to create a new project and 'any cpu' is not an option. Adding I/O modules is somewhat related to the type of controller you select and the backplane or bus it resides on. I think you'll have better luck if you select a real CPU...

I did as you told but nothing changed
i thing the some thing like hardware not installed i don't know i don't know

Go to Help then About RSLogix 5000. At the top it will say something along the lines of: RSLogix 5000 Professional Edition, or Service Edition or some other edition. Which edition do you have?

OG