Recommendations for HMI on Embedded PC

Razaekel

I've been looking at different HMI software to use on a embedded PC, including WinGP, Ignition, and Wonderware. Old posts on this forum suggest that a lot of people like Ignition's Vision Panel Edition which was free (free is good), but Ignition has discontinued that product, and replaced it with The Works Lite (~1600 USD).

I'm interested in recommendations for HMI software to use. The application would be a single, standalone, embedded HMI, running 24/7. For a small application, I'm looking at Red Lion HMIs, but for something larger, I would like to use a embedded PC. Preferred OS is WinXP Embedded, or Linux for the stability. The associated PLC will be either a ControlLogix or CompactLogix, so the ability to handle tag addressing is very useful.

Suggestions or opinions appreciated.