Any recommendations for an HMI inside heavy equipment (skip loaders, land movers)?

id10t_error

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know of a rugged PC based HMI that is pre-fabbed for installation inside heavy equipment? I have seen them in earthmovers/mining operations but can not remember the manufactures name.

edit: Currently there is an AB PV500 in a steel box that needs to be replaced. Looking for a more elegant design that will fit inside the new skip loaders.

Last edited:
In the past i've used a Getac rugged tablet with a ram mount running your choice of software.
I'm now using a surface go with ignition edge.

B&r

B&R makes rugged mobile based control systems. I have never used them but met some gentleman that installed them on train carts and loaders.

Ifm

There's a company in my area that builds specialized vehicles. They do all the controls with IFM PLC's and HMI's. That includes instrument panel on the dashboard (many of their products are road legal).

https://www.ifm.com/binaries/conten...omatmobile-systems-for-mobile-machines-gb.pdf

(please note I am not affiliated with IFM, I have no personal experience using their products, no stocks, I am not trying to sell anything here)

I have a Werintek HMI in my 15 Ton Daewoo excavator. Its not a smooth ride either. I'v often worried about the bouncing and vibration but so far so good.
I used the Weintek and a Micro850 to retrofit an old Arbro 1000 stroke harvester for clear cutting and making saw logs. It works like a gem and out cuts a power saw any day.
Easy on the back.
More fun to!