Would like SCADA/HMI recommendations

My company is currently using Citectscada for our HMI/alarming/historian, which is a program that I haven't had much exposure to. I was given the option to change programs going forward and wanted to find out what the industry favorite is.

We're a product manufacturer, so all projects will be fresh and new (I won't have to worry about converting previous projects to the new software). Our programs aren't overly complex--I will just need an HMI, an alarm manager, and a historian and will be using no more than 1500 points. I'm looking for cost effectiveness and also ease of use.

All input is appreciated!

I still like and use Citect. Ignition is fine as well. probably the two best about from my experiences.

Ot:

Without telling you my favorite suppliers , to make an informed decision you need to ask yourself some more questions.

What is your future outlook on expansion and data reporting?
What packages do your support personnel have experience with?
What software packages does your local integrator have experience with or specializes?
Which software supplier has a strong local install base in your area/city/county?
What is your budget per machine?
What hardware would you be running? Does it integrate well/have drivers ect.

Generate a score sheet and score all the suppliers on the relevant questions

I find a product is only as strong as your development/engineering and supports systems. You can design a bad application with the best software on earth and visa versa.

Honestly i would say there are probably 5/6 applications that are well known and have strong R&D within their organisation. That is what i would look at, how much money is the supplier putting into their own product? That gives me a good outlook on product lifecycle.

Last edited: