Communication between Schneider HMIGTO2300 and TWDLCAA10DRF

tewatute

Hello,

i need some help!!

i connected both via rs-485 by lan cable.

HMI PLC

RJ-45 Mini Din 8 pin

pin4 A <---> pin1 A

pin5 B <---> pin2 B

pin8 SG <---> pin7 0V

PLC : I config in Twidosuite(Descrobe) to 19200 8 E 1 tried other baud rate too.

HMI : I config in IO Manager --> ModbusRTU01[Com2] to 19200 8 E 1 and ModbusEquipment1 to address 1(PLC)

but when i power on i get msg on HMI display "No reply from PLC within Timeout period. (ModbusEquipment01)"

i need config more? i missed something?

please help!!! or give some instruction.

Thank you.

HMI              PLC

RJ-45 Mini Din 8 pin

pin4 A <---> pin1 A

pin5 B <---> pin2 B

pin8 SG <---> pin7 0V

I am not familiar with this HMI or PLC, but I would expect the wiring to be A <---> B and B <---> A (like a crossover cable), not A <---> A and B <---> B. I would try swapping the wires on one end.

🍻

-Eric

If your using 485 then it does not crossover, so your original cable looks correct. But RS485 requires termination resistors (120 ohm) at the end of each cable.
Make sure both the plc and hmi are set to RTU mode

You are using port1 (programming port)?

If so then you also need to connect pin 5 to 7 (DPT to 0 VDC) on minidin connector. Port1 is on programming mode if you only connect A and B pins. (unitelway protocol I think).
Connecting pin 5 to 0 VDC forces port to use parameters given on port1 configuration.

Port2 uses allways parameters from configuration.

Last edited: