Advanced HMI On IVC Display

JodyM

I have a new IVC Display that I am trying to run an advanced HMI app on. touchscreen is windows 7 Pro 32 bit. My development machine is windows 7 pro 64 bit. No problems on development or an older XP box but when I run it on the new display I get a system.exception error almost as soon as I click the icon tried running in xp mode and as administrator. I know it is something simple I am forgetting to do on the new screen but I give any ideas. I have up to .net 4.0 installed and I have even tried turning off the firewall.. Thanks Jody

When you build the project you need to copy the whole build directory over to the new machine with all of its contents, not just the executable.

OK Short update, I installed visual studio express on the touchscreen built the app then opened from the /bin folder no problems. I have a few of these to build didn't really want to put development on each box. Any ideas

Jody,

What all did you copy onto the XP machine? Did you bring the entire project over? I wasn't accurate when I said you just need the build directory. The project is broken up into two directories: AdvancedHMI and AdvancedHMIDrivers. You would need both on your target machine. I think Archie always recommends copying the whole project onto the target machine and then just using a shortcut to launch the HMI.

Maybe you've already done this and I'm not telling you anything new... I'm not sure why 32bit would have anything to do with it, when my coworker gets in (he has 32bit) we'll do a little test.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay, I was pulled off to another client that had a PLC5 die, I cannot get any other info on the system exception. I will be back on that project tomorrow. I can tell you that a coworker tried to run the app on a fresh windows 7 pro laptop and was getting the same error. I was going to upload the solution to see if you guys could see something I was doing wrong but it is too big..

Jody

Last edited:
I was going to upload the solution to see if you guys could see something I was doing wrong but it is too big..
If you delete all of the \bin and \obj directories, it will significantly reduced the size of the project.

Can you post a screen shot of the exception?