Trouble with a net aic module

gernsperger

Hi all, having a problem with a Allen Bradley pump controller, have a SLC 500 5/05 connected to a panelview 550 via a NET AIC card went to plug in laptop through the AIC module by serial port on laptop, AIC quit communicating, the green transmit led's are lit full on, not flashing as if communicating, The panel view says loss of communications no node found,
Any suggestions where to start?

Sounds to me like you tried to connect with DF1 Full Duplex protocol, while the PanelView 550 and the SLC-5/05 Channel 0 port were set up for DH485.

Remember that the "1747-PIC/AIC+" driver is old and hard to use. It won't run on any OS newer than XP SP2 (yes, SP3 with a special patch...) and it won't work with any sort of general-purpose USB/RS232 converter.

A agree that a power cycle should get the devices communicating again.

Ken, you are correct, I was trying to use the df1 rs232 driver, my laptop is running XP, and has a resident serial port,
Should I have used the PIC /AIC driver, I am sure I am running the SP3, where would I get the patch to allow the driver to work with SP3,
I always enjoyed these communication headaches with AB, any other suggestions?

Hey, communication networks are going to go out of style every 25 or 30 years no matter what you do, right ?

We are an electrical contractor and this is for the Water dept of our city, it is surprising what we see still in use, if it still works why replace it is their philosophy.