GE Ethernet Module IC200UEM001 Trouble setting Permanent IP

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Everyone,
I have installed a IC200UEM001 Ethernet Module on my VersaMax PLC. I can set the Temporary IP Address using PME 9.0. The issue is when I go to set the permanent IP using the instructions (See Attached) provided it is not working.

Here are the details: I am following the steps on page 2 of the manual under Setting the Permanent IP Address
1. No problem here I can ping the temp. IP address.
2. This works also I see several entries returned.
3. What returns is: 'arp -s' Is not recognized as a internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
4. I get a reply similar to #3: 'telnet' Is not recognized as a internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
5. Same reply as #4.

My computer uses Windows 7 Pro so I don't know if that makes any difference since the instruction manual was written over 3 years ago.

Any ideas how I can set the IP permanently? I am really at a loss as nothing I do seems to work.

Thanks!!

For the arp -s command you will need a space between the 's' and the first character of the IP address and another space between the last character of the IP address and the first character of the MAC ID.
I have followed the procedure on a laptop running Windows 7 pro to set up the DIN-rail mounted IC200SET001.

Got arp -s to work by right clicking on the CMD and Run as Administrator.
Now just cant get the telnet to work. Get the same error.

Think I might have found it. I didn't have Telnet Client enabled on my computer. Doing that now will let you know if that is the issue.

That was it. Moral of story make sure to have Telnet Client enabled on your windows features.
Thanks for the help Steve!!

I have never had an issue or failure using the attached document. But as Steve indicates you MUST follow syntax and case EXACTLY.

Hello Everyone,
I have installed a IC200UEM001 Ethernet Module on my VersaMax PLC. I can set the Temporary IP Address using PME 9.0. The issue is when I go to set the permanent IP using the instructions (See Attached) provided it is not working.

Here are the details: I am following the steps on page 2 of the manual under Setting the Permanent IP Address
1. No problem here I can ping the temp. IP address.
2. This works also I see several entries returned.
3. What returns is: 'arp -s' Is not recognized as a internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
4. I get a reply similar to #3: 'telnet' Is not recognized as a internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
5. Same reply as #4.

My computer uses Windows 7 Pro so I don't know if that makes any difference since the instruction manual was written over 3 years ago.

Any ideas how I can set the IP permanently? I am really at a loss as nothing I do seems to work.

Thanks!!

Yea after I enabled Telnet I was able to follow the instructions and it worked like a charm.